Choosing the right golf camp can be tricky. Here’s our guide to choosing the camp for your child that will best suit their skill level and developmental process.
- Who is the camp director and the counselors? Chris Haarlow is the Director of Precision Junior Golf. Named 2011 CPGA Junior Leader of the Year, Chris has equipped his staff with a learning experience that can best benefit children of different skills levels to reach their best. The Precision Junior Academy instructors have both playing and coaching experience at high levels.
- Do the campers get on the course? At Precision, we believe that playing and enjoying the game is just as important as the swing. Whether you are looking at a Beginner Skills Camp or a Premium Camp, campers will get on the course to develop their skills.
- What is the camp child to instructor ratio? The camper to instructor ratio is important for safety and developmental reasons. We offer an 8:1 instructor/camper ratio that allows us to help every camper reach their goals and keep a safe and instructed class at all times.
- Ask questions about what they will be working on throughout the day. Does your camp have a plan? We have a designed process and plan for each camp whether it is focused on beginners, intermediate or advanced players.
- What happens in the case of inclement weather? Do you have access to indoor facilities if it rains? Precision has the unique offering of having access to great golf courses and outdoor practice facilities as well as indoor hitting bays and putting areas. Rain or shine we will have activities for the kids to do.
- How are the ages and skills broken up? Let’s face it, it’s more fun to be around kids of the same age and skill level for summer camp. We have created two distinct camp options to accommodate each camper’s age and skill. Our Beginner Skills Camp is a 3 day camp option that is ideal for that young golfer that is just starting the sport. He or she is looking to learn and improve their technique, play on the Par 3 course and learn rules and etiquette. It is geared towards campers aged 5 – 13. Our Premier Golf Camp is a five day intensive program for developing and tournament players. These players will practice on a Championship golf course and develop their technique, playing game and mental toughness.
Interested in learning more about Precision Golf Camps? Click here to learn more and register!