Camp Bur-Mil 2023
Weekly Recreational Day Camp with swimming at Bur-Mil Park in NW Greensboro
Precision Instruction is excited to operate Camp Bur-Mil again in 2023 and continue such a valuable and fun resource for juniors in our community!
As a 20 year partner with Bur-Mil Park, we have a great appreciation and knowledge for all Bur-Mil Park has to offer. We look forward to sharing these facilities and providing a great summer experience for your child.
Camp Bur-Mil offers fun for ages 5 to 13!
5834 Bur-Mil Club Rd
Greensboro, NC 27410
Information & Policies
Click the headers below to learn more about Camp Bur-Mil
2023 Camp Dates & Availability
• 2022 Returning Camper Registration: Wednesday, February 22, 2023
• Past Camper Registration: Friday, February 24, 2023
• Open Registration: Wednesday, March 1, 2023
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR CAMP BUR-MIL
** Camp deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Parent Information Meeting: Wednesday, June 7th
- Week 1 Camp: June 12 – 16
- Week 2 Camp: June 19 – 23
- Week 3 Camp: June 26 – 30
- Week 4 Camp: July 3 – 7 *(No camp on July 4th)
- Week 5 Camp: July 10 – 14
- Week 6 Camp: July 17 –21
- Week 7 Camp: July 24 – 28
- Week 8 Camp: July 31 – August 4
- Week 9 Camp: August 7 – 11
- Week 10 Camp: August 14 – 18 *(Limited Availability)
* IF A TRACK REACHES CAPACITY, YOU MAY PUT YOUR CAMPER ON THE WAITING LIST FOR A PARTICULAR WEEK AND SHOULD A SPOT BECOME AVAILABLE, WE WILL FILL THE SPOTS IN THE ORDER OF REGISTRATION ON THE WAITING LIST.
Choose Your Camp Track
At Camp Bur-Mil, each family has the ability to choose a specific “track” for each week for their child’s afternoon activities. All campers will do camp activities, swim at the Bur-Mil Park Aquatic Center and have lunch within their camp group. Following lunch, campers will split into two groups:
“Recreation Track” – for kids wanting the traditional day camp experience including games and activities. Camp is divided into three sub groups with their own homeroom and counselors (Owls – Ages 5-7, Hawks – Ages 8-9, Eagles – 10-13). All campers in this track will have a Friday Activity. These campers will also have the option to add golf and/or tennis clinics to their camp experience if they choose.
“Lifetime Sports Track” – suggested for ages 8 – 12 wanting a more active day camp experience including participation and group instruction in sports of lifetime. Each week will include 2 instructional segments each with both the Precision Golf School & Triad Pickleball teaching professionals (3 hours of golf lessons AND 3 hours of pickleball clinics). Additional afternoon time will be spent learning and playing active games and sports.
Optional Golf Clinic Add-Ons
• Golf Lessons (Recreation Track campers only)
Golf lessons will be taught by a certified professional from Precision Golf School. These lessons will be taught on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, typically from 2:30-3:30 pm. Any changes in this schedule will be announced. Campers who register for this class should bring their golf clubs if they have them. If the child does not have their own clubs, we will provide them. Golf lessons are $25 per week, per child and can be purchased at the time of registration or by clicking here.
• Golf & Pickleball Clinics are included as part of Lifetime Sports Track
Camp Fees & Registration Policies
- Recreation Tracks – $ 179 per week
- Lifetime Sports Track – $ 219 per week
- Golf or Tennis Lesson Add-On – $ 25 per week per sport
- Sibling Discount – 10% discount per week, per additional child (first child is full price). This discount will be applied to your balance payment due two weeks prior to the start of camp.
REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION POLICY
At initial registration, you may pay a $25 deposit or the full camp fee per week. Families who choose to pay the non-refundable/transferable deposit will have a camp balance payment due 2 weeks prior to the week your child will be attending camp. Camp balances will be paid automatically through your Sawyer camp portal.
If you have signed up for a week but your child will not be able to attend, please notify us as soon as possible. We typically have a waiting list of other children who would like to attend. If you do not cancel more than 14 days from the start of the week you are cancelling, you will be responsible for paying for the week of camp unless we are able to fill your child’s spot.
If you have paid in full, in order to receive a refund (minus the $25 deposit) you must cancel at least 14 days in advance.
All payments are to be made online unless special arrangements are made with Camp Bur-Mil administrators.
Returning Campers will have the opportunity to pre-register for 2022. Spots for each week are available on a first come-first serve basis and are not guaranteed. Following the one-week pre-registration period, all remaining open camp weeks will be available for any interested family. A waiting list will be kept for each week.
• 2022 Returning Camper Registration: Wednesday, February 22, 2023 – Starting at 9 AM
• Past Camper Registration: Friday, February 24, 2023 – Starting at 9 AM
• Open Registration: Wednesday, March 1, 2023 – Starting at 9 AM
• Emergency Medical and Release Form must be completed prior to the start of camp on your online Sawyer portal
• Waiting list campers are automatically added should a spot become available. If you are no longer interested in a particular camp week, please contact us to have your name removed.
** CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR CAMP BUR-MIL **
Health & Safety Operation Protocols
We anticipate a similar environment to what the kids are now used to with the local school systems and after school programs. We will update our policies and protocols here as they are set forth by the state and will ensure our best efforts to provide a safe and positive camp experience for your children.
Plan for Your Camp Week
Camp hours will be from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Main camp activities will officially begin at 8:30 am and end at 4:30 pm. Pick-up officially ends at 5:30 pm.
To discourage late pick-ups, parents arriving after 5:30 pm may be charged a $1 fee per child for every minute they are late starting at 5:31 pm. Fees will be assessed by using the official camp clock located at the check-in table. Please be prepared to pay this fee when you arrive to pick up your child.
SWIMMING AT THE AQUATIC CENTER
Campers will need a swim suit and towel labeled with his or her name. Since swim time is in the morning, please feel free to send your child to camp in his or her swim suit (with clothes overtop) and pack a change of clothes for after swimming. Lockers will be available at the pool but you must provide a lock. Counselors will collect the keys to help the campers keep up with them. Campers will not be allowed to use combination locks. If you do not send a lock, counselors will keep the children’s bags in a centralized location on the pool deck. A swimming waiver is required to be on file for each child to be able to swim at the Aquatic Center during camp.
DROP OFF & PICK UP POLICY
The check-in/check-out policy will be provided to each family. Check-in will occur at the Bur-Mil Park Clubhouse. All children must be checked-in each day.
For pick-up, if you arrive at the Clubhouse prior to the 4:30 – 5:30 pm designated pickup time, please come to the Bur-Mil Park Clubhouse Lobby where an attendant will assist in getting your child.
LUNCH & SNACKS
Please send your camper with a bag lunch, labeled with your child’s name, Monday-Thursday. Pizza will be provided on Fridays. We will provide two snacks each day.
Children are allowed to go to the vending machines during lunch and snack time if they have money. Please encourage your child to keep their money in a wallet or some other small, secure container to prevent loss. Please send small bills as we may not be able to make change.
Friday Fun Days & Pizza Party
All groups will have Friday Fun Days that include special guests and/or activities for the campers in the park.
** Pizza will be provided for all campers so you will not need to send lunch on Friday’s.
Parent Information Night - Wed, June 7th at 5:30 PM
Once registered, parents and campers are invited to attend Information Night. This will be held on Wednesday, June 7th in the Clubhouse Meeting and Events Center.
Camp staff will present information and expectations for the camp and ask any questions you have.
Campers/families may tour the Clubhouse facilities where your kids will be based out of after the presentation.
Required Forms for Each Camper
The following forms are required to be on file prior to the start of camp and can be done on your online Sawyer profile. One form can be used for multiple weeks so you will only need to file these once unless their are changes.
- On your Sawyer account, you can update your child’s information at https://www.hisawyer.com/account/children/
- Also, you will need to update your medical information at https://www.hisawyer.com/account/info
- Each camper must have a Bur-Mil Park Aquatic Center Waiver on file to be able to go swimming with the camp
Withdraw From or Cancel Camp Week(s)
Currently registered campers should click here to access your Sawyer Account for more information about changing your camp registration. Weekly camp deposits are non-transferable and non-refundable.
It is important to us that there is open communication between the camp and the camper families. If you have an emergency during the day and you need to contact your camper or speak to one of the counselors, call the numbers below in order:
• Andrew Peascoe & Treasure Williams (Camp Bur-Mil Co-Directors) – 336-446-9096
• Josh Nichols (Operations Manager, Precision Instruction) – 336-510-4653
• Bur-Mil Park Main Number- 336-641-2020 (Identify yourself as a camp parent with an emergency and ask the operator to get a member of management to call you right away)
• If you have any questions about camp before the summer begins, please contact Precision Camp Staff at 336-446-9096. During the summer, please feel free to discuss your ideas and concerns with us. We are looking forward to a great summer!
5834 Bur-Mil Club Rd
Greensboro, NC 27410