2020 CAMP INFORMATION LISTED BELOW!! REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!
** CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR CHILD **
Precision Instruction is excited to operate Camp Bur-Mil again in 2020 and continue such a valuable and fun resource for juniors in our community. As a 17 year partner with Bur-Mil Park, we have a great appreciation and knowledge for all Bur-Mil Park has to offer. We look forward to sharing these facilities and providing a great summer experience for your child.
Click the headers below to learn more about Camp Bur-Mil
• Returning Camper Registration: Tuesday, February 25, 2020
• Open Registration: Tuesday, March 3, 2020
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR CAMP BUR-MIL (Opens 9 AM on March 3rd)
** Camp deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable
• Parent Information Meeting: Monday, June 1, 2020 — 6 – 7 PM @ Bur-Mil Clubhouse
• Week 1 Camp: June 8 – 12
• Week 2 Camp: June 15 – 19
• Week 3 Camp: June 22 – 26
• Week 4 Camp: June 29 – July 3
• Week 5 Camp: July 6 – 10
• Week 6 Camp: July 13 – 17
• Week 7 Camp: July 20 –24
• Week 8 Camp: July 27 – 31
• Week 9 Camp: August 3 – 7
• Week 10 Camp: August 10 – 14
* IF A TRACK REACHES CAPACITY, YOU MAY PUT YOUR CAMPER ON THE WAITING LIST FOR A PARTICULAR WEEK AND SHOULD A SPOT BECOME AVAILABLE, WE WILL FILL THE SPOTS IN THE ORDER OF REGISTRATION ON THE WAITING LIST.
Returning Campers will have the opportunity to pre-register for 2020. Spots for each week are available on a first come-first serve basis and are not guaranteed. Following the one-week pre-registration period, all remaining open camp weeks will be available for any interested family. A waiting list will be kept for each week.
• Returning Camper Registration Begins: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 — Starting at 9 AM
• Open Registration Begins: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 — Starting at 9 AM
• Full payment or non-refundable/non-transferable $25 weekly deposit must be made at the time of registration.
• Emergency Medical and Release Form must be completed prior to the start of camp on your online Sawyer portal
• Waiting list campers are automatically added should a spot become available. If you are no longer interested in a particular camp week, please contact us to have your name removed.
|Owls||Ages 5 – 7|
|Hawks||Ages 8 – 9|
|Eagles||Ages 10 – 13|
At Camp Bur-Mil, each family has the ability to choose a specific “track” for each week for their child’s afternoon activities. All campers will do camp activities, swim at the Bur-Mil Park Aquatic Center and have lunch within their camp group. Following lunch, campers will split into two groups:
“Recreation Track” – for kids wanting the traditional day camp experience including games and activities. All campers in this track will have a Friday Activity (Owls & Hawks) or Field Trip (Eagles). These campers will also have the option to add golf and/or tennis clinics to their camp experience if they choose.
“Lifetime Sports Track” – for kids wanting a more active day camp experience including participation and group instruction in sports of lifetime. Each week will include 2 instructional segments each with both the Precision Golf School & Precision Tennis Academy teaching professionals (3 hours of golf lessons AND 3 hours of tennis lessons). Additional afternoon time will be spent learning and playing active games and sports.
|Camp Group||Recreation Track||Lifetime Sports Track|
|Owls and Hawks||$ 149 per week||$ 189 per week|
|Eagles||$ 169 per week||$ 189 per week|
• Sibling Discount – $20 discount per week, per additional child (first child is full price). This discount will be applied to your balance payment due two weeks prior to the start of camp.
Camp hours are from 7:30 am to 6 pm. Camp activities will officially begin at 8:30 am.
Main camp activities end at 4:30 pm. Pick-up officially ends at 6 pm.
To discourage late pick-ups, parents arriving after 6 pm will be charged a $1 fee per child for every minute they are late starting at 6:01 pm. Fees will be assessed by using the official camp clock located at the check-in table. Please be prepared to pay this fee when you arrive to pick up your child.
For the safety of your child, parents must walk their child into and out of the clubhouse each day. All campers should be check-in at the Cedar Room in the Bur-Mil Clubhouse. You must sign your child in and out every day.
If you arrive at the Clubhouse and the children are not in their designated rooms, please look for a note which will tell you where the children are located. When picking your child up after 5 pm, please use the public entrance by the soda machines. The main entrance will be locked so staff can better monitor visitors.
Owls & Hawks – Will have Friday Fun Days that include special guests and/or activities for the campers in the park. Pizza will be provided so you will not need to send lunch on Friday’s.
Eagles – Will take a field trip every Friday during the summer
2020 Proposed Field Trip Schedule can be found by clicking here. * all dates and locations subject to change
Field trips take place on Fridays and the exact destinations are to be announced. Field trips will include more local activities and attractions. Each week there is a field trip you will be asked to sign a transportation waiver that will give you times for travel and method of travel we will use. Since we do not have transportation of our own, we will use vans or charters vehicles for field trips. Please pack a bag lunch for your child(ren) on the weeks a field trip is scheduled. We will still provide two snacks for children on field trip days. It is very important that your child be dropped off on time on days we go on field trips.
Lifetime Sports – Will have Friday Fun Days that include special games and/or activities for the campers in the park. Pizza will be provided so you will not need to send lunch on Friday’s.
• Golf Lessons (Recreation Track campers only; lessons included as part of Lifetime Sports Track)
Golf lessons will be taught by a certified professional from Precision Golf School. These lessons will be taught on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, typically from 2:30-3:30 pm. Any changes in this schedule will be announced. Campers who register for this class should bring their golf clubs if they have them. If the child does not have their own clubs, we will provide them. Golf lessons are $20 per week, per child and can be purchased at the time of registration, balance payment or by clicking here.
• Tennis Lessons (Recreation Track campers only; lessons included as part of Lifetime Sports Track)
Tennis lessons will be taught by a certified professional from Precision Tennis Academy. These lessons will be taught on Monday and Wednesday afternoons, typically from 2:30-3:30 pm. Any changes in this schedule will be announced. Campers who register for this class should bring their tennis rackets if they have them. If they do not have their own rackets, we will provide them. The cost of tennis lessons is $20 per week, per child and can be purchased at the time of registration, balance payment or by clicking here.
Campers will need a swim suit and towel labeled with his or her name. Since swim time is in the morning, please feel free to send your child to camp in his or her swim suit (with clothes overtop) and pack a change of clothes for after swimming. Lockers will be available at the pool but you must provide a lock. Counselors will collect the keys to help the campers keep up with them. Campers will not be allowed to use combination locks. If you do not send a lock, counselors will keep the children’s bags in a centralized location on the pool deck.
Owls & Hawks – Please send Owls and Hawks a bag lunch, labeled with your child’s name, Monday-Thursday. Lunch will be provided on Fridays. We will provide two snacks each day.
Eagles – Please send Eagles a bag lunch every day. We will provide two snacks each day.
All Campers – Children are allowed to go to the vending machines during lunch and snack time if they have money. Please encourage your child to keep their money in a wallet or some other small, secure container to prevent loss. Please send small bills as we may not be able to make change.
Payment is due 2 weeks prior to the week your child will be attending camp. Camp balances will be paid automatically through your camp portal.
If you have signed up for a week but your child will not be able to attend, please notify us as soon as possible. We typically have a waiting list of other children who would like to attend. If you do not cancel more than 14 days from the start of the week you are cancelling, you will be responsible for paying for the week of camp unless we are able to fill your child’s spot.
If you have paid in full, in order to receive a refund (minus the $25 deposit) you must cancel at least 14 days in advance.
All payments are to be made online unless special arrangements are made with Camp Bur-Mil administrators.
Once registered, parents and campers are invited to attend Information Night. This will be held on Monday, June 1st from 6-7 pm in the Clubhouse Meeting and Events Center. This informal event will allow you time to meet the camp staff and ask any questions you have.
The following forms are required to be on file prior to the start of camp and can be done on your online Sawyer profile. One form can be used for multiple weeks so you will only need to file these once unless their are changes.
It is important to us that there is open communication between the camp and the camper families. If you have an emergency during the day and you need to contact your camper or speak to one of the counselors, call the numbers below in order:
• Andrew Peascoe (Camp Bur-Mil Director) – 336-446-9096
• Mike Parker (GM, Precision Instruction) – 336-510-4653
• Bur-Mil Park Main Number- 336-641-2020 (Identify yourself as a camp parent with an emergency and ask the operator to get a member of management to call you right away)
• If you have any questions about camp before the summer begins, please contact Precision Camp Staff at 336-446-9096. During the summer, please feel free to discuss your ideas and concerns with us. We are looking forward to a great summer!